What Message Are You Sending
What Message Are You Sending?
Opinions are formed based on what we see, more so than the words spoken. Body language determines your success whether meeting someone new or interacting with a lifelong colleague. Read more...
- Arms Folded = defensive
- Hands on Hips = eagerness, readiness
- Resting Chin on Hands = bored
- Frowning = anger, dissatisfaction
- Raised Eyebrow = suspicion
- Finger Pointing = aggression, confrontation
- Handshake (depending on the strength) = confidence or insecurity
- Constant Nodding = loss of interest
- Eye contact = self-assured
- Little to no Eye Contact = lack of confidence; no interest
- Fidgeting with inanimate objects (pens, paper clips, cell phones) = nervous or disinterested
- Understanding the power of body language and paying as much attention to it as you do to the words you use offers you a significant advantage in dealing with others. Master your body language and improve your relationships.