What Message Are You Sending
What Message Are You Sending?
Opinions are formed based on what we see, more so than the words spoken.
- Arms Folded = defensive
- Hands on Hips = eagerness, readiness
- Resting Chin on Hands = bored
- Frowning = anger, dissatisfaction
- Raised Eyebrow = suspicion
- Finger Pointing = aggression, confrontation
- Handshake (depending on the strength) = confidence or insecurity
- Constant Nodding = loss of interest
- Eye contact = self-assured
- Little to no Eye Contact = lack of confidence; no interest
- Fidgeting with inanimate objects (pens, paper clips, cell phones) = nervous or disinterested
Understanding the power of body language and paying as much attention to it as you do to the words you use offers you a significant advantage in dealing with others. Master your body language and improve your relationships.