Falling off a forklift is one of the three leading causes of forklift-related fatalities. When using an operator-up truck, such as an Order Picker or a Swing Reach, always use the proper fall protection.
- Begin inspecting at one end of the tether and work their way to the other end.
- Slowly rotate the tether so that the entire surface is inspected.
- Inspect snaps for corrosion, cracks, or distortion.
- Ensure that tether hooks are not damaged, bent, or cracked.
- The maximum length of a tether for a PFAS is 6 feet, as that is the maximum distance a worker can be allowed to fall with a PFAS.
- The tether must have a minimum strength of 5000 lbs.
- The maximum weight of an individual using a tether is 310 lbs. Special equipment is required for individuals weighing over 310lbs.
- Never connect two or more tethers together.
- Never tie a knot in a tether as this will reduce the potential capacity by 50%.
- Never wrap a tether around a beam or other sharp object.
Remember, one mistake when working at heights can result in a fatal accident. Always wear your fall protection.
Parts | Safety Training